Effective date: 5 May 2022
If you do not agree with this Policy or any part thereof, you should not access or use any part of the Services. If you change your mind in the future, you must stop using the Services and you may exercise your rights in relation to your Personal Data as set out in this Policy.
2. Personal Data Collection and Use
We obtain Personal Data about you from various sources as described below.
Personal Data You Provide to Us
- Account Information: when you create an account with us to use the Enscape Community Forum, or otherwise as a customer, we will collect your email address, username and password, and avatar or photo should you choose to provide one for the Forum. We will also collect any content you generate through use of the Forum, such as your public posts and private messages.
- Contact Information and Other Information you Choose to Provide: you have the ability to provide a variety of information during your interactions with us, such as through emails or other communications, including when you enquire about our Services. When you contact us via a contact form, email, or other means, you provide us with Personal Data, such as your name, contact details and the content of your communications. When you sign up for a webinar, virtual event or free Product trial you provide Personal Data such as name, email address, industry, company, job role and phone number.
- Support Information: when you request technical support services, we will process your Personal Data such as your name and the contact details you use to contact us, as well as information on the reasons for your support request, and any additional information you may provide in that context.
- Payment Information: when you purchase a subscription to one of our Products via the Website, you provide us with your email address, name, address and company. We also collect your credit card information, solely for the purpose of fulfilling your payment request. To process these payments we use third party payment processors. These payment processors process your personal data, including payment information, in accordance with their own privacy policies. We also collect records of any transactions you make.
- Candidate Information: if you apply for a job via the Website careers portal, you provide application information including your name, contact details, CV information, references, certificates and job expectations.
- Partner and Reseller Data: if you are Enscape’s partner or reseller, we process the Personal Data of our business contacts at your company, including name, email address and phone number.
Where applicable, we may indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Data as well as the consequences of failing to do so. For example, it may be necessary for you to disclose certain Personal Data in order for us to provide the Services to you.
Information Collected via Automated Means
- Usage and Device Data: when you access and use the Services, we receive and store information about interactions with our Services, such as settings used, timestamps showing frequency and duration of use, and statistics. We also collect information regarding your device, such as your system environment (including software, CAD and operating systems, graphics card CPU and memory versions) and device identifiers.
Information We Receive from Third Parties
- Partners and Resellers: if you reach out to one of our resellers or partners about Enscape Products, our resellers and partners will provide us with your Personal Data to allow us to provide the Products and support to you, including your name, contact details, and details of your subscription.
- Publicly available resources: we collect information from publicly available resources, such as the names of company directors from companies’ registers.
- Other Third Parties: we obtain Personal Data about you from other third parties for the purposes set out in this Policy, including from references and background check agencies if you apply for a job with us.
- Social Networking Services: We have “fan pages” on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube (“Social Media Pages”) in order to provide customers, partners, or other interested parties with up-to-date information about our company and to get in contact with them. Information that you may provide through the Social Media Pages is collected by the provider of the relevant social media platform. The companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages. We recommend that you contact the respective platform provider to learn more about the platform’s use of your Personal Data when visiting Social Media Pages.
3. How and Why we Use Your Personal Data
In some instances, as set out below, we have a legitimate business interest in processing your Personal Data. We only rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis when such legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms and we ensure we comply with any request you make to exercise your rights.
|To provide our Services, including to provide the Products and access resources such as webinars and virtual events, and to operate, maintain and support our Services.||Performance of contract; or our legitimate interests|
|To create your account for the Enscape Community Forum, and when you purchase a Product, and to secure and maintain it.||Performance of contract; or our legitimate interests|
|To run the Enscape Community Forum, including allowing you to post and share on it, send messages to other individuals, and to provide content moderation.||Performance of contract; our legitimate interests; or to comply with our legal obligations|
|To communicate with you, including to notify you about changes to the Services and this Policy, contact you for administrative purposes, to provide services and information that you request, and to contact you regarding issues concerning your use of our Services. If you are a reseller or partner, we will communicate with you to manage our relationship.||Performance of contract; or our legitimate interests|
|Subject to any consent requirements, to send marketing materials by email and phone, send alerts about latest developments, newsletters and blog updates. You will always be provided with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications.||Consent; or our legitimate interests|
|To provide support including to help us fix any technical issue, including where we respond to your questions or respond to your request for support, maintenance, troubleshooting, or other performance issues.||Performance of contract; or our legitimate interests|
|For administrative and legal purposes, such as for compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or enforcing or defending other legal rights, for tax reporting purposes, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency, and to comply with our legal obligations and internal policies as permitted by law, and to help keep our Services safe and fair.||To comply with our legal obligations; or our legitimate interests|
|For analytics and product development, including by analysing and evaluating your usage of the Services and/or by asking you to participate in market research and surveys, so that we can continue to develop, test and improve our Services to offer new and/or enhanced functionality and features.||Our legitimate interests|
|To create aggregated or anonymised information, in a form that does not allow individuals to be identified, and using the resulting information for statistical purposes, including to better understand our customer base.||Our legitimate interests|
|For personalisation, to customise our Services.||Our legitimate interests|
|To advertise our Services, and to measure the effectiveness and distribution of our advertising campaigns.||Our legitimate interests|
|If you apply for a job with us, to assess your suitability for the role, to prepare a contract of employment and for onboarding purposes||To take steps prior to entering into a contract; our legitimate interests|
If where we are processing your Personal Data to perform our contract with you you do not provide the Personal Data, we may not be able to conclude or fulfill our contract with you.
4. How we Share your Personal Data
In some circumstances we will disclose Personal Data about you:
- Affiliates: affiliates and subsidiaries of Enscape may receive your Personal Data.
- Other Users of the Enscape Community Forum: when you use the Enscape Community Forum your profile, including your username which does not need to be linked to your real name, and a photo or avatar should you choose to add one, will be visible to other users of the Forum, as will any messages you choose to post and messages you like.
- Service Providers: we work with third parties to provide services such as hosting, maintenance and support. These third parties may have access to or process your Personal Data as part of providing these services to us. For the purposes described above we engage providers of website analytics, hosting and cloud computing services and other IT services, moderation services, consultancy services, regulatory services, legal services, event software providers, customer support services, advertising services and payment processing services in addition to other administrative services. Where you apply for a job with us, we use a providers of an HR portal.
- Advisors: we work with various advisors, including tax consultants and legal advisors, with whom we may share your Personal Data.
- Resellers and Partners: we may share Personal Data such as name and contact details with our resellers and partners, including for the purposes of marketing, sales and the provision of the Product.
- Legal: information about our users, including Personal Data, will be disclosed to law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies, public authorities or pursuant to the exercise of legal proceedings if we are legally required to do so, or if we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or request, to enforce our terms and conditions, to prevent or resolve security or technical issues, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Enscape, our users, a third party, or the public.
- Business Transaction: if Enscape is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, financing due diligence, reorganisation, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data may be transferred including as part of any due diligence process.
- Aggregated Information: we may use and disclose aggregated or otherwise anonymised information for any purpose, unless we are prohibited from doing so under applicable law.
- Facebook Custom Audiences: Our Website uses the Facebook remarketing function “Custom Audiences” from Facebook Ltd (Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2 Ireland; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php) (“Facebook”). This enables users of the Website to be shown interest-based advertisements (“Facebook ads”) as part of their visit to the Facebook social network or other websites that use the process. When Facebook Custom Audiences is integrated, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Facebook server and Facebook receives notification that you have accessed the relevant pages on our Website or clicked on an ad from us. f you are signed up for a Facebook service, Facebook can assign the visit to your account. Even if you have not signed up or are not logged in to Facebook, it is possible for the provider to identify and store your IP address and other identification features. The “Facebook Custom Audiences” function can be deactivated here and (by registered users) at https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads#https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads#_. We have no control over the extent and further use of data that is generated when Facebook uses this tool.
For more information about data processing by Facebook, see https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy. [We may also, with your consent, share your email address with Facebook for the same purposes.]
5. Exercising Your Rights
You have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data, as provided under applicable law, and subject to any limitations in such law:
- access the Personal Data we hold about you;
- request we correct any inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you;
- request we delete any Personal Data we hold about you;
- restrict the processing of Personal Data we hold about you;
- object to the processing of Personal Data we hold about you; and/or
- receive any Personal Data we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine readable format or have such Personal Data transmitted to another company.
You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Where you have been asked to consent to the processing of your Personal Data, you can withdraw consent, including by contacting us using our contacts details below. Any withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before the withdrawal. Please also note that where you withdraw consent, we will only stop processing your Personal Data that relates to the withdrawal of consent.
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your Personal Data, please contact us using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. In addition, we may have valid legal reasons to refuse your request and will inform you if that is the case. Note that applicable laws contain certain exceptions and limitations to each of these rights.
You may also lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work, or where you believe an incident took place.
6. International Data Transfers
Your information, including Personal Data, may be accessed from and transferred outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction. If you are based in the United Kingdom, the EEA or Switzerland, this means that your Personal Data may be transferred outside of the United Kingdom, the EEA and Switzerland, including to our affiliates and service providers in the United States Please note that these counties may not provide the same protections as the data protection laws in the United Kingdom and/or the EEA.
If we transfer your Personal Data internationally, we will ensure that relevant safeguards are in place to afford adequate protection for your Personal Data and we will comply with applicable data protection laws, in particular by relying on an EU Commission adequacy decision or on contractual protections for the transfer of your Personal Data. For more information about how we transfer Personal Data internationally, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us“ section below.
7. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
8. Retention of Personal Data
We retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and processed, in accordance with applicable laws or until you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
9. Security of Personal Data
We have implemented administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your Personal Data.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. If you think your account has been compromised, please contact us as soon as possible, using the contact details in the “Contact Us” section below.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk.
10. Do Not Track
Some internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
11. Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
12. Changes and Updates to this Policy
We may update our Policy from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Policy on this page.
If you wish to lodge a complaint about how we process your Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com. We will endeavor to respond to your complaint as soon as possible. You may also lodge a claim with the data protection supervisory authority in the EU country in which you live or work, or in the UK, or where you believe we have infringed data protection laws.
14. Contact Us
Enscape is the entity responsible for the processing of your Personal Data, and for the purpose of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and the UK equivalent of the same, is the data controller in respect of the processing of your Personal Data. If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, our privacy practices, or if you would like to exercise your rights with respect to your Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 721/132 060-60, or An der Raumfabrik 33b, 76227 Karlsruhe, Germany. Alternatively, please contact our data protection officer at email@example.com.
If you are based in the UK, you may also contact our UK data protection representative at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I limit online tracking?
You may revoke your consent at any time with future effect by changing your cookie settings via our Cookie Banner
There are a number of additional ways to limit online tracking, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org. Use the following links to learn more about how to control cookies and online tracking through your browser:
- Firefox; Chrome; Microsoft Edge; Safari
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our Services from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, DuckDuckGo, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
- Advertising industry opt-out tools. You can also use these opt-out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
- Digital Advertising Alliance
- Network Advertising Initiative
- Platform opt-outs. The following advertising partners offer opt-out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Google opt-out
- LinkedIn opt-out
- Microsoft opt-out
Note that the above opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised. You will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Thank you for visiting our website and showing an interest in our company and products.
Other personal information about you will only be stored if you voluntarily enter it on the website, or use the appropriate features, e.g. for entries via our contact or application forms.
Contact and Other Online Forms
You may enter your personal information on our website to contact us or to order a trial version of our software. Only data indicated with an asterisk is considered to be obligatory data that you must provide. Any additional data submitted may be helpful in processing your request, but it is not mandatory (optional). With your consent, this data will only be used and stored for the purpose of processing your message (Art. 6 Para. 1 cl. 1 (a) GDPR) or for carrying out your order/request (Art. 6 Para. 1 cl. 1 (b) GDPR).
When ordering a trial version, we also process personal data for marketing purposes within the framework of Art. 6 Para. 1 cl. 1 (f) GDPR. You may object to advertising use at any time with future effect.
Orders and Customer Account
To place an order, you must register as a customer. To register, the data provided with an asterisk must be entered as mandatory information. We process this data for the purpose of carrying out your order and for the necessary communication with you, as well as to ensure that we can provide you with the appropriate assistance (Art. 6 Para. 1 cl. 1 (b) GDPR). The specification of additional data may be helpful for the processing of your order, but it is not compulsory (voluntary information, Art. 6 Para. 1 cl. 1 (a) GDPR). You can have your user account deleted by sending an email to us under the contact details listed under “Responsible party.” We carry out the deletion after termination of any existing contractual relationship, taking into account any existing statutory retention requirements. We also process your personal data for marketing purposes within the framework of Art. 6 Para. 1 cl. 1 (f) GDPR. You may object to advertising use at any time with future effect.
You have the opportunity to participate in webinars or to book a webinar via our platform. Registration is required for this purpose. and the mandatory information, indicated with an asterisk, that is provided and is for the purpose of carrying out the event, is collected and processed; any additional data provided outside the mandatory information required will be considered advantageous, but not mandatory (voluntary information). The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Par. 1 cl. 1 (b) and (a) GDPR. The event will be carried out via a technical platform of a technical service provider, which processes the personal data on our behalf. We use this data solely for the purpose of conducting the webinar (and any related billing purposes).
Our forum can be read without requiring registration. If you would like to actively participate in the forum, you must register yourself by entering your e-mail address, a password of your own choice, and your own username. There is no constraint placed in choosing a username and it is possible to use a pseudonym. You can complete your profile by volunteering additional information or by providing a photo of yourself. This data (except for the e-mail address) will, with your consent, be publicly displayed in the forum for all other visitors (Art. 6 Par. 1 cl. 1 (a) GDPR).
When you sign up for a forum account, we will store all the information associated with your account, such as your public posts, likes, private messages, etc. that are required to run the forum, up until the time your account is deleted. The legal basis is Art. 6 Par. 1 cl. 1 (f) GDPR.
If you delete your account, your account will no longer be available and no profile will be visible to other users, but your public statements, in particular, contributions to the forum, will continue to be visible to all readers. These will now be marked in the forum with ???. All other data will be deleted.
You have the opportunity to participate in event or to book a online event via our platform. Registration is required for this purpose. and the mandatory information, indicated with an asterisk, that is provided and is for the purpose of carrying out the event, is collected and processed; any additional data provided outside the mandatory information required will be considered advantageous, but not mandatory (voluntary information). The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Par. 1 cl. 1 (b) and (a) GDPR. The event will be carried out via a technical platform of a technical service provider, which processes the personal data on our behalf. We use this data solely for the purpose of conducting the event (and any related billing purposes).
By using the online job application service you are leaving the Enscape website. Data processing, under the data protection law, is then no longer under the responsibility of Enscape GmbH, but under the responsibility of Personio GmbH. We can therefore not influence the type and scope of the data processing undertaken. You can apply to us in writing, as well as directly through our website. It is compulsory to provide information for data fields that are marked with an asterisk. The provision of additional personal data may be helpful in processing your application, but is not mandatory (voluntary information). The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Par. 1 cl. 1 (b) GDPR (Initiation of Employment Relationship). You have the option of sending us your application document, such as a CV, certificates of qualifications, etc. confidentially by post. Alternatively, you can also send these documents directly over the Internet via the website’s online application, submitting the files in question which will be encrypted (TLS). Your information provided during the application process is processed by Personio on behalf of Enscape. Personio GmbH stores data exclusively on ISO-certified servers in Germany. Additional measures to ensure compliance with data protection law are regulated under a contract for processing orders (Art. 28 GDPR). Any use for other purposes, or the passing on to any third parties (except for the service provider obligated according to GDPR) does not take place, unless expressly agreed to by you (consent). Application documents are stored for the duration of employment with due observance of legal retention periods. In the event of cancellation, we will delete application documents no later than six months after the cancellation, or we will send the non-electronic documents back to you.
Cookies are very small text files used by Internet sites, which your browser stores on your computer and that can send specific information to us or, if necessary, a third party.
Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session cookieID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. Unlike transient cookies, these are not deleted automatically when you close your browser. You can delete cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
Cookies that are absolutely essential in order for us to provide the service expressly requested by the user (“necessary cookies”) are processed within the scope of our legitimate interest in providing and operating the website on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 cl. 1 (f) GDPR. The following necessary cookies are placed when you visit our website:
- Description: wp-wpml_current_language; Storage period: 1 year; Purpose: Storage of language preference; Third-party access: Not applicable
- Description: _icl_visitor_lang_js; Storage period: 1 day; Purpose: Browser language; Third-party access: Not applicable
- Description: AWSALBCORS; Storage period: 1 week; Purpose: User session persistence: Third-party access: Applicable guarantees as per Art. 44 ff. GDPR: standard contractual clauses. Amazon AWS, 410 Terry Avenue North, Seattle, WA
- Description: AWSALB; Storage period: 1 week; Purpose: User session persistence: Third-party access: Applicable guarantees as per Art. 44 ff. GDPR: standard contractual clauses. Amazon AWS, 410 Terry Avenue North, Seattle, WA
- Description: wpml_browser_redirect_test; Storage period: Session; Purpose: Manual testing of automatic language selection; Third-party access: Not applicable
- Description: dInternalTraffic; Storage period: 1 year; Purpose: To preclude the tracking of internal users; Third-party access: Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
In addition, more information is stored or accessed on your device than is absolutely necessary to provide a service expressly requested by the user. Such storage or access will only take place only if you give your express consent. Details of the type of information, the purpose of processing it, the period for which the information will be stored, and possible recipients of the data can be found below in this privacy statement.
You can set your browser so that it generally does not accept cookies, or to ensure that only certain cookies are saved or not saved. You can revoke any consent you may have given for the processing of data using cookies at any time by deleting the relevant cookies directly via your browser settings. You can find out more about this in your browser’s help function. If your browser rejects all cookies, you may find that you cannot use all of the functions of this website.
You may revoke your consent at any time with future effect by changing your cookie settings via the following link:
Links on Social Media Platforms
Social Media Plugins
We use the following social media plugins: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter , and YouTube.
Only by clicking on the button will the content of the plugin be transmitted to the respective operator of the social media platform. We have no control over the collected data and data processing operations of the respective operator of the social media platform, nor are we aware of the full scope of data collection, purposes, and retention periods of the respective operator of the social media platform. The transmitted data is (as far as we know) the URL of the page visited and the IP address and/or another platform-dependent identifier you have used. If you are also logged in on the respective social media platform, the respective operator can assign the visit to your user account.
The plugins allow us to interact with social networks and other users so that we can improve our offerings and make them more interesting to you as a user. The legal basis for the use of plugins is Art. 6 Para. 1 cl. 1 (f) GDPR.
- Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2 Ireland; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php. Having an integrated plugin means that the following cookies are placed, with your consent (Art. 6 Para. 1 cl. 1 (a) GDPR) , in our cookie banner, under the category of “Personalized Marketing:“
- Description: _fbp; Storage period: 1 day; Purpose: To measure ad conversions or reposition ads on Facebook
- Description: fr; Storage period: 3 months; Purpose: Used by Facebook to display a range of advertising products, such as real-time offers from third-party advertisers.
- Description: tr; Storage period: Session; Purpose: Used by Facebook to display a range of advertising products, such as real-time offers from third-party advertisers.
- Instagram: Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2 Ireland; https://www.facebook.com/help/instagram/155833707900388
- Twitter International Company, One Cumberland Place, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, D02 AX07 Ireland; https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland;http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. Having an integrated plugin means that the following cookies are set, with your consent (Art. 6 Para. 1 cl. 1 (a) GDPR), in our cookie banner, under the category of “Personalized Marketing:“
- Description: UserMatchHistory; Storage period: 29 days; Purpose: Used to track visitors across multiple websites in order to present relevant advertising based on the visitor’s preferences.
- Description: bcookie; Storage period: 2 years; Purpose: Used by social networking service LinkedIn to track the use of its embedded services.
- Description: bscookie; Storage period: 2 years; Purpose: Used by social networking service LinkedIn to track the use of its embedded services.
- Description: lidc; Storage period: 1 day; Purpose: Used by social networking service LinkedIn to track the use of its embedded services.
- Description: lang; Storage period: Session; Purpose: Stores the language version of a website selected by the user.
- Description: lissc; Storage period: 1 year; Purpose: Used by social networking service LinkedIn to track the use of its embedded services.
YouTube: Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
Each time you access our site, we collect the following data about your computer: the IP address of your computer, the request of your browser, and the time of this request. As part of this request, it also records the status and amount of data transferred, along with product and version information about your browser, and your computer’s operating system. We record which website referred you to our site. The IP address of your computer is stored only for period over which you are using the website, after which it is immediately deleted or anonymized by shortening. The remaining data is stored for a limited period of time. We use this data to operate our website, in particular to detect and eliminate website errors, to determine the utilization of the website, and to make adjustments or improvements to it (legal basis: Art. 6 Para. 1 (f) GDPR).
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies,” i.e. text files that are saved on your computer under the category “third-party telemetrics” when you opt in via our cookie banner, thus allowing your use of the website to be analyzed.
- Description: _ga; Storage period: 2 years; Purpose: Analysis of website visits and optimization of the website
- Description: _gid; Storage period: 1 day; Purpose: Differentiation of users as part of tracking via Google Analytics
- Description: _gat; Storage period: 1 day; Purpose: Used by Google Analytics to limit the demand rate.
On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to gather more information about website and Internet service activity to provide related services to the website operator. The IP address provided by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by adjusting the corresponding setting of your browser software; however, please note that, if you do this you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest possible extent. In addition, you may prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via the following link [http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de] or alternatively revoke your consent by clicking on the following link (opt-out cookie).
This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp ()”. As a result, IP addresses are shortened in order to exclude a direct personal reference.
We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. With the statistics, we can improve our offerings whilst also making it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Par. 1 cl. 1 (f) GDPR.
More information about Google’s data usage, settings and opt-out options can be found on the Google website: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de&ref_topic=2919631
Hubspot Marketing Automation
We use the services of Hubspot Inc., 25 First Street, 2nd Floor, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02141, USA, in order to provide you with content tailored to your interests based on your use of our website. Adequate data protection in accordance with Art. 44 ff. GDPR is ensured through the conclusion of standard contractual clauses.Logfiles are processed and cookies are stored on your end device for this purpose with your consent (Art. 6 Para. 1 cl. 1 (a) GDPR) when you opt in via our cookie banner, under the category of “Personalized marketing.” The following cookies are set on your device as part of the Hubspot service:
- Description: _hssc; Storage period: 30 minutes; Purpose: Session tracking
- Description: _hstc; Storage period: 13 months; Purpose: Main cookie for tracking visitors
- Description: _hssrc; Storage period: Session; Purpose: If Hubspot changes the session cookie, then this cookies is set to see whether the visitor has restarted his browser
- Description: hubspotutk; Storage period: 1 year; Purpose: “This cookie is used to determine the identity of a visitor. This cookie is forwarded to HubSpot when a form is submitted and used for the deduplication of contacts.
The following pixel is also deployed in the context of using Hubspot :
- Description: _ptg.gif; Storage period: Session; Purpose: Sends data about the device and the visitor’s behavior to the Hubspot marketing platform. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.
For more information about data processing by HubSpot , see https://legal.hubspot.com/product-privacy-policy.
Facebook Custom Audiences
Our website uses the Facebook remarketing function “Custom Audiences” from Facebook Ltd (Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2 Ireland; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php) (“Facebook”)(. This enables users of the website to be shown interest-based advertisements (“Facebook ads”) as part of their visit to the Facebook social network or other websites that use the process. We would like to place advertisements that are of interest to you in order to make our website more interesting to you overall.
Your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Facebook server as a result of the marketing tool used. We have no control over the extent and further use of data that is generated when Facebook uses this tool. As such, the following information is provided to the best of our knowledge: When Facebook Custom Audiences is integrated, Facebook receives notification that you have accessed the relevant pages on our website or clicked on an ad from us. If you are signed up for a Facebook service, Facebook can assign the visit to your account. Even if you have not signed up or are not logged in to Facebook, it is possible for the provider to identify and store your IP address and other identification features.
The “Facebook Custom Audiences” function can be deactivated here and (by registered users) at https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads#_.
The legal basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6 Para. 1 (f) GDPR. For more information about data processing by Facebook, see https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
Besides our own website, we also run what are known as “fan pages” in order to provide customers, partners, or other interested parties with up-to-date information and to get in contact with them. These fan pages may be found on the following social networks: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube
Data processing is performed here by the provider of the social media platform. Data processing outside the European Union cannot be excluded. The platform provider may provide us with aggregated usage data, but we do not have access to personal data if you only visit the fan page.
The legal basis for such data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 (f) GDPR. For providing consent in the form of an opt-in (“checkmark” or “activate button”) or any other form of giving consent, the legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 (a) GDPR. Consent may be revoked at any time without justification from the person to whom it was given, with future effect.
As data processing is carried out by the platform provider, we recommend that you contact the respective platform provider about your rights to information, correction, deletion, data portability, and objection when visiting our fan page. We will, of course, support you in exercising your rights if necessary.
More information can be found via the following links:
- Facebook: Facebook Ireland, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Facebook Ireland”). According to Facebook, when you visit our Facebook fan page, your personal data is processed as follows: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/information_about_page_insights_data. For more information, please see: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/page_controller_addendum
- Twitter International Company, One Cumberland Place, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, D02 AX07 Ireland; https://twitter.com/privacy.
- LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
- Instagram: Facebook Ireland, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Facebook Ireland”), https://www.facebook.com/help/instagram/155833707900388
- YouTube, Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland; https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
Embedded Content from Third Parties (YouTube, etc.)
If content from third-party providers such as Google Maps or YouTube is displayed on our website, your IP address and the content displayed under “Log files” must be transmitted to the third-party provider in order to make this content available and display it in your browser. This ensures that our website is appealing. The legal basis for such processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 cl. 1 (f) GDPR. We do not have any influence on data processing performed by third-parties. If you are registered with the third-party provider with a user account, the third-party provider can assign your user behavior to your user account. The third-party provider may save your data as a user profile and use it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or needs-based website design. If you wish to exercise your right to object to the creation of these user profiles, you must address this to the third-party provider.
- YouTube, Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland; https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
We use the Google reCAPTCHA service to prevent spam messages, especially from bots (Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland). When reCAPTCHA is used, Google processes the data specified under “Logfiles” in particular. In addition, a fingerprint is used for the duration of the session to prevent spam, provided that you have given your consent under “Third-party telemetrics” in our cookie banner (Art. 6 Para. 1 cl. 1 (a) GDPR). Google is responsible for the processing of data, i.e. we have no influence on the type, scope, or purpose of the data processing performed by Google. For more information, see https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
- YouTube, Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de.
Revoking consent and objecting to data processing
If you have given us your consent, you may revoke it at any time and with immediate effect. If the processing of your personal data is subject to our balancing of interests, you may object to such processing. If you make such an objection, we ask you to state the reasons for which we are not allowed to process your personal data as before. In the event of a justified objection, we will investigate the situation and either terminate or adjust the data processing or provide evidence of compelling and legitimate reasons for continuing with the data processing. You can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You may send your request for deletion or objection to the contact details given under “Responsible party.”
You have the following rights with respect to the personal data concerning you:
- Right to access
- Right to rectification or erasure
- Right to restriction
- Right to object
- Right to data portability.
You also have the right to complain to us about the processing of your personal data via a Data Protection Authority.
Enscape GmbH, An der RaumFabrik 33b, 76227 Karlsruhe, Phone: +49 721/132 060 – 60, Fax: +49 721/170 293 – 019, Email: email@example.com
Data protection officer: firstname.lastname@example.org, or under our postal address with the addition “The Data Protection Representative”